Thursday, April 23, 2009

The San Francisco institution the Power Exchange is closed

Well I guess I must be out of the loop but it seems that the Power Exchange in San Francisco is closed. It seems that there was some kind of building regulation that was the reason for the closure. The website says that they will be reopening but it seems to be delayed. God do I have some stories to tell you about that place. And if I tell them you can never tell anyone where you heard them. Oh what the hell I don’t care tell the world if you must.

Well I must give you a little history of San Francisco and sex clubs. In 1984 they shut down all of the gay bathhouses because of the whole Aids epidemic and it upset allot of people. I was sort of ambivalent on the subject because I went to the bathhouses and I saw what went on and it was not one of the safest of places to go if you wanted to remain HIV negative. You know with all of the drugs and unsafe sex going on there. It was not the best atmosphere to remain healthy. I guess I was one of the lucky ones who went there and did not get infected. Who knows why but I was spared. Maybe so I could tell my story later on and scare the shit out of future generations.


Well after several years they opened up some sex clubs in SF but they were not like the bathhouses they were just old warehouse where you could go and have anonymous sex with who ever. There was Blow Buddies, which opened up in the former bathhouse HandBall Express that was a few doors away From the legendary Endup. There were a few bars that had back rooms where you could go and get a blowjob or what ever and there was Eros. Eros was the nearest thing to a bathhouse in San Francisco it did not have private rooms though. But things all changed when the Power Exchange opened up. It was this huge place with 4 floors of all types of nasty under one roof and it was bisexual. Yes I said bisexual.

My roommate at the time who works for an adult book store and he would get free passes to allot of clubs. Well he got a bunch of passes to this new club called the power exchange. So he gave me a bunch and said to give them out to people. A good friend and I decided to go one night and find out what it was all about and this is what we discovered. First of all there was a doorman. Yes a doorman and he checked your Id and he explained to you what type of club it was and he asked what your sexual preference was so he could refer you to the appropriate floor.

There were themes on the different floors and one floor was straight and one was gay and the other two were bisexual and it rotated on different nights. He also gave you a description of each floor, which I might add was very limited. You did not truly understand until you walked in and saw it for yourself. Needless to say there were people doing all manner of things all in public view and it did not matter what you were into you could have seen it there


The main floor contained the lobby and it was straight on the night we went. It contained a large room where you could dance to the music that was playing it also had a bathroom and some theme rooms the ones that I remember were the big castle dinning room with a fake roasted pig on the table. There was the jail cell and the western room, the Egyptian theme room, and the castle dungeon.

The basement was a bit more interesting it was choke full of surprises. There were glory holes and mazes and movie rooms and there were medical examining rooms, torture rooms, military rooms and a bathroom on it as well. You name it they had it and it was all viewable by who ever walked by. There was not a door in the place. The place was huge and it had allot of stairs too.

The second floor was the most fun. It was the Enchanted Forrest complete with fake trees and tents. Little pup tents and big family tents and pathways and a couple of mazes and a movie room and a few semi private areas with beds and no doors. A smoking room/lounge and a big formally grand bathroom with Marble walls but no showers. There was a DJ booth and a person who would supply you with condoms and lube. This floor is where I had some serious fun. I always loved camping.

The top floor was had a big open center where you could dance and on the perimeter there were more semi private areas with mazes and semi private areas also a big screen movie theater and another bathroom also no showers. There was an elevated maze with glory holes and that was pretty much it. My friend and I went about 4 times and it was ok but it was not really my thing but I always had fun. I met a couple of really fun people there and we hung out away from the club.

Then one night I was talking to my roommate he said that he got a couple of passes to the fetish ball and he did not want to go because he had a date and asked if I wanted the tickets. So I said what the hell since I had never been to one of those events. I called my friend and we decided to go to the ball. Oh did I not tell you it was at the Power Exchange? Well I had never seen the place so packed and it was just a straight up trip to see people doing all of this stuff in public.

Now I have been to the Folsom Street fair and the Dore Alley fair and most of the different street fairs in San Francisco but they were tame compared to what I witnessed on this night.
You name the fetish it was being performed right there in front of you. There were boys and girls in cages and on leashes. Girls dressed as men and their boyfriends dressed as girls. People were getting examined on the medical tables and spanked on the racks. Naked people, people in costume, people doing any manner of thing that you could imagine. And we got in free, yippee.

I saw the cutest boy dressed as a girl with his girl friend dressed as a boy and she strapped him on a rack and pulled up his skirt and spanked his cute little ass with a riding crop. Then she proceeded to fuck his brains out with a strapon while his friend another guy dressed as a girl sucked his cock while his girlfriend dressed like a guy fucked him with a strap on. All the while an older couple, a man with his wife both naked and in leather harnesses with her on her hands and knees and a leash were watching. She stopped eating from her bowl on the floor and she started to suck him off and then he fucked her right there in the middle of all this. Several couples were watching this entire thing going on and they all started to get in to it and it was soon a full on fuckfest. If you did not move out of the way quick enough you too would have been in the middle of the fray.
Now I am by no means a prude but this was just too much for me to take in all at one time. You know it was enough to make your head explode with people fist fucking and getting fucked and sucking cock and eating cooter all right there in front of you. I felt like was in the movie Caligola. I did not know whether to be turned on or repulsed. Lets just say that once I walked away from that scene and I cooled off a little. I did not take to long before I got into some nasty shit myself. And I felt so vanilla after watching what I had just witnessed. You know I really have not told this story too many people because most people would not understand let alone believe it. But I guess if you are reading my blog you have a freaky side and you can appreciate it.
The reason this memory got stirred up tonight is because I was going to take a friend to the Power Exchange and when I went online to see if it was still open I found out that is currently closed. How sad for him that he did not get to see what a trippy place it was. But I hear it might reopen and maybe then I can take him and he can see that me and him are not the only true freaks out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment